Tester for Photovoltaic Systems BENNING PV 3
- open-circuit voltage at the PV module, PV string and PV field with up to 1500 V DC
- powerful short-circuit current measurement of PV strings connected in parallel up to 40 A
- wireless connection to insolation and temperature measuring instrument BENNING SUN 2
- memory of measured values for 999 PV string tests
Within the framework of commissioning tests and periodic inspection of grid-connected photovoltaic systems in compliance with DIN EN 62446 (VDE 0126-23), polarity tests as well as open-circuit voltage and short-circuit current measurements of PV strings connected in parallel can be carried out, stored and documented safely and efficiently up to 1500 V/40 A.
With radio connection to the optional BENNING SUN 2 (item no. 050420), the existing radiation conditions (W/m²) as well as the PV module temperature and ambient temperature (°C) are automatically stored for each test procedure.
- automatic test procedure (+/-, Vo/c, Is/c, W/m2, °C) with reverse polarity protection
- powerful short-circuit current measurement, reserve is up to 4 x larger than for conventional PV testers with 10 A limitation
- reduced testing times and effort for disassembly, as the individual PV strings no longer have to be separated and tested one after the other
- reduces the risk of failure due to overload during testing of PV strings of unknown power
- integrated memory of measured values for 999 PV string/ PV fields
- real-time clock with date/time stamp per measurement
- USB interface and download software (CSV format)
- large LC display with illumination
- optimum transport and storage protection (IP 64)
- polarity test of the PV generator/ PV cabling
- open-circuit voltage measurement for modern 1500 V DC systems
- short-circuit current measurement at PV strings up to 40 A DC
- insolation measurement (W/m2) and PV module temperature and ambient temperature (°C) by means of BENNING SUN 2 (optional, item no. 050420)
BENNING SOLAR Datalogger (download software)
- download of measured values from the BENNING PV 3 in CSV format
- further processing of measured values possible in MS Excel®
- The latest version is available for free download on this product page (see “Further Information” -> “Software”)
Scope of delivery
PV tester in robust protective case (IP 64), set of PV measuring leads (MC4), set of measuring leads with probe tip and alligator clips, charger with 3 pieces 3.7 V lithium-ion batterie.
Perfectly complemented by
We recommend the following optional accessories:
- Insolation and temperature measuring instrument BENNING SUN 2 (050420)
The BENNING PV 3 is able to receive the measured values (insolation, PV module / ambient temperature) of the insolation and temperature measuring instrument BENNING SUN 2 via radio connection. If the BENNING SUN 2 is radio connected to the BENNING PV 3, the measured values of the open-circuit voltage and the short-circuit current can be evaluated in relation to the existing solar radiation as well as the PV module temperature and ambient temperature.
- temperature sensor with suction cup for BENNING SUN 2 for attachment to the rear of the PV module (050424).
- PV module holder for BENNING SUN 2 for safe attachment to the PV module (050425)
- test badges „next test“, 300 pieces (756212)
Further information on accessories can be found at "Accessories for PV measuring instruments".
|BENNING PV 3|
|display||graphic display (illuminated)|
|open-circuit voltage (Uo/c)||5.0 V - 1500 V|
|resolution/accuracy||max. 0.1 V/ ± (0.5 % + 2 digits)|
|short-circuit current (Is/c)||0.5 A - 40 A (max. 45 kW)|
|resolution/accuracy||0.01 A/ ± (1 % + 2 digits)|
|with wireless connection BENNING SUN 2|
|· insolation||100 W/m² - 1250 W/m²|
|· PV module/ambient temperature||-30 °C - 125 °C|
|measured value memory
|999 display indications/PV strings|
|interface||USB type B|
|PC software/data format||BENNING Solar Datalogger/CSV|
|wireless connection BENNING SUN 2||433 MHz|
|batteries||3 x 3.7 V 18650 lithium-ion batteries|
|dimensions/weight||340 x 300 x 152 mm/5.0 kg|
|protection class||IP 40 (open), IP 64 (closed)|
|scope of delivery||PV tester in robust protective case (IP 64), set of PV measuring leads (MC4), set of measuring leads with probe tip and alligator clips, charger with 3 pieces 3.7 V lithium-ion batteries|
Technical changes, model or color modifications, mistakes and delivery facilities without notice! No responsibility for literal mistakes.