Proactive 360° Service: Ensuring Operational Continuity
Today, business and operational processes strongly depend on uninterruptible power supplies, because even failures lasting only a few seconds might have serious consequences for the productivity, reputation, and profitability of a company.
In a study carried out by Forrester Research and Disaster Recovery Journal in 2010, 44 % of the IT managers and CEOs surveyed stated that the biggest damage resulted from operational interruptions due to power failures.
This suggests that energy availability and quality are the most crucial factors with regard to the continuity of operational processes.
Failures or disturbances of the power grids are virtually inevitable. The downtime resulting from this, however, will not only cost the affected companies time and money, but will likely also have an impact on the company's reputation or result in dissatisfied customers.
Proactive Risk Detection/Elimination
To prevent such damages, a high-quality preventive service and maintenance plan is required. Among other things, “preventive” or “proactive” means that your power supply system can be monitored and controlled continuously via remote access.
In the even of any anomalies, it may be sufficient to make some system settings via remote access, or to install firmware updates remotely.
If said anomaly cannot be eliminated, a service technician will be sent automatically and pro-actively on the customer's behalf – without a phone call being necessary – who will carry our corrective maintenance, while observing specified response and arrival times to restore system operation on site.
Why Invest in BENNING's 360° Services?
|lower risk||... through proactive services|
|increased availability||... through preventive maintenance and service plans|
|cost control||... through various flexible service packages (contract options) meeting your individual requirements|
|rapid response times and easy access to support||... through customer proximity thanks to a global service network with more than 25 subsidiaries worldwide|
|easy communication (clear expectations)||... thanks to using a single partner for all your power supply requirements|
|timely and dependable ROI||... through maximizing system availability and minimizing downtime|
A holistic approach is process-critical
Understandably, companies often try to achieve the highest possible availability of their system(s) with the lowest possible support costs. For this reason, companies tend to train their own staff to carry out routine service work.
Generally, however, these measures are not sufficient to ensure completely safe and reliable operation. Moreover, companies often ignore the fact that the assignment of their own staff can also mean a considerable effort with regard to time, personnel, and additional internal costs.
To minimize, or even to avoid such failures right from the beginning, companies need to adopt a holistic approach that includes hardware and software support. Both pro-active prevention and elimination of failures are critical to customer processes.
An effective high-availability strategy must be based on a thorough risk analysis. The classification of risks based on issues that have already occurred, a possible loss of sales, or expected damages regarding the company's reputation should result in the prioritization of possible measures to be taken in order to mitigate these risks.
For quantitative risk assessment, this prioritization then can be provided with a cost-benefit analysis in order to define the measures to be taken to mitigate said risks. This is why BENNING's service strategies combine planning, prevention, and corrective maintenance to ensure continuous operation.
|status quo of current service strategies||service for high-availability strategies in the age of Industry 4.0|
|many different service partners for each individual subsection of entire infrastructure||integrated holistic approach for the entire process-critical infrastructure with a single partner|
|reduction of system failures and shorter downtimes||preventive maintenance and use of service option to maintain optimized performance|
|service contracts linked to the corresponding subsection||flexible SLAs (Service Level Agreement) focusing on individual risk requirements and operational demands|
Today, service for high-availability strategies of process-critical systems have to focus on the requirements of a dynamic world and thus must include the following:
- flexible service options and levels which can be adjusted to your budget and individual requirements
- single partner for standardized services worldwide
- quick access to specialists having first-class technical knowledge
- remote system monitoring for pro-active control to minimize/prevent interruptions at an early stage
- access to comprehensive and worldwide repair and spare parts management, with clearly defined services for replacing parts and components quickly and efficiently
- creating a basis for companies to develop their power supply infrastructure step-by-step in order to improve reliability, performance, and profitability
- pointing out potential savings related to the product life cycle, taking into consideration the corresponding service level and the desired availability
BENNING offers pro-active 360° service
With BENNING, your processes are prepared for the challenges of today and for the opportunities of tomorrow.
- minimizing downtime and risks through:
- fundamental maintenance on a regular basis
- proactive checks (also via remote access)
- preventive and proactive measures and services
- quick response for service required
- reducing operating costs through:
- performance and life cycle management
- retrofitting measures
- ensuring required availability through:
- flexible and expandable service levels
- Individual maintenance and service concepts tailored to your business and operational processes